Tacos are all the rage right now… from the cultural fusion craze (schezwan chicken tacos, anyone?!) to the taco diet, they’re pretty hard to avoid. And as the old adage goes, if you can’t beat them, join them! So, we’re jumping on the taco band wagon with today’s yummy post. Inspired by this stunning real wedding in Oklahoma, we challenge you to put together a taco bar to rival all taco bars. Put out all your favorite staples and cook up our simple salsa braised pork recipe below for the fixings. Bonus Tip: Add mini clothes pins, like today’s newlyweds, for a cute taco topper. But before you do that, get some more majorly gorgeous party inspiration from Elizabeth and Tyler’s stunning rustic meets shabby chic nuptials.
- 4 pound pork shoulder
- 1 jar of medium spice salsa
- Rinse the pork shoulder and cut off any unwanted pieces.
- Place the meat in the Crock Pot and pour the entire jar of salsa on top.
- Cook for 8-12 hours on low heat.
- Shred the braised pork using forks and serve. Enjoy!
- The recipe was created by The Frosted Petticoat staff and is not associated with the event or vendors featured. The food photography served solely as the recipe’s inspiration and is not an actual picture of the final recipe product.
Photographer: Hibben Photography//Dress Designer: Avenia Bridal//Other:Mood Party Rentals//Floral Designer: Morrison Floral//Equipment Rentals:Ruby’s Vintage Rentals//Bakery:Stacie’s Cakes & Sweet Confections//Equipment Rentals:Conventions & More//Caterer:Harris Custom Catering//Other:Hibben Photography//Event Venue:Mcgranahan Barn //Cinema and Video:Pulley Productions//
Submitted via Two Bright Lights
PLEASE NOTE: The recipe was created by The Frosted Petticoat staff and is not associated with the event or vendors featured. The food photography served solely as the recipe’s inspiration and is not an actual picture of the final recipe product.