Get ready to add a little whimsy to your next baking day with today’s fabulously magical affair. This talented group of vendors in Florida took the Nutcracker theme to the next level. Featuring a gorgeous ballerina, sugarplum and snowy decor, a handsome prince, and even an appearance by the Mouse King himself, it’s a fantastical dream come to life. Get inspired by this fairytale fete and bake up our imagined Raspberry Cream Cake recipe to match!
- RASPBERRY FROSTING
- 4 tablespoons of raspberry jam
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter (softened)
- RASPBERRY CREAM CAKE
- 1/4 cup of raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup of butter (melted)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8 x 8 inch square or 9 inch round diameter cake pan and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, mix the wet cake ingredients first - jam, cream, eggs, and butter. Mix thoroughly until the batter is smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the dry cake ingredients - flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add this to the batter in the stand mixer and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- To make the frosting, add all the ingredients to a stand mixer. Mix thoroughly until stiff peaks form or it is about the consistency of buttercream frosting (approximately 5 to 10 minutes). Fill a piping bag and frost the cake to your liking. Enjoy!
- The recipe was created by The Frosted Petticoat staff and is not associated with the event or vendors featured. The food photography served solely as the recipe’s inspiration and is not an actual picture of the final recipe product.
Photographer: Jenn Carroll Photography//Dress Designer: All Brides 2 Be & Formalwear//Invitation Designer: Archer & Olive//Makeup Artist:Bella Ti Artistry//Bakery:Trudy Melissa Cakes//Floral Designer: Carrollwood Florist//Event Designer: Ever After Vintage Weddings//
PLEASE NOTE: The recipe was created by The Frosted Petticoat staff and is not associated with the event or vendors featured. The food photography served solely as the recipe’s inspiration and is not an actual picture of the final recipe product.